asics trainers

in BAN !? Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:20 am
by EdenSassoon • 3 Posts | 30 Points

There are many asics trainers runners who would happily serve as guinea pigs for novel shoe designs, and I count myself as one of them. I test more shoes than I should, and probably am messing myself up in the process as I don't acclimate to any of them. But, if I can provide some at least subjective and maybe a bit of objective detail on what makes then different, then I hope that I have helped in some way. If Asics should decide to expand their selection of shoes that might be similar to the Piranha, send me a pair, I'll be happy to give some feedback.Pete where do I start? Lots odf questions so I will try.

We believe it is not the proprioception butrather the execution of the shoe (which coincidentally works off a very low platform). So the shoe cannot be marketed, and we must either abort what is a great idea, or push forward with the project asics running shoes which is what I intend to do. The only product that I am aware of, in the whole time I have been involved with this company, that got stymied by the marketers was a shoe with an oblique last. Let me point out that the shoe went to market, and we persevered with asics gel kayano it for 2 years.

the reason the marketers pulled the pin, is not because of the product or the company, but because the consumer just would not acept the look of it it looked funny, and although like the Nike footscape, it was ahead of it's time, the marketplace was not ready for it or accepting of it so it did not sell. The marketers then had to ake a commercial decision, which is a reality of business. "I have heard that many good designers who are biomechanically oriented have left the business because they get frustrated by marketing departments.

I don't know the situation at asics gt 2000 ASICS, so I can't speculate on your situation" I have been at ASICS for 30 years this year& the head biomechnist, Nishiwaki-san also head of research, not me has been there as long as I can remember. In my time as someone very involved 12years there has not been one single loss of a key design or research staff member. Remarkable I am sure will now scoff that maybe this is ASiCS "problem". I know the guys at Nike and adidas pretty well. Mario LaFortune, Gordon Valient and Jeff Piscotti have all been at Nike longer than I have been at ASICS all three are the key biomechnists can speak for design team sorry, do not know. Adi the same.

We did not expect a huge spike in sales!! Interestingly, we added 3mm to the heel gradient, because we were aware that the achilles tendon was susceptible! The rward we got from Chris MDougall for 4years of hard work and many many dollars wa for him to publically mock the shoe and call it thE ASICs Gel Menses. He never bothered to read the research or understand what it was about. Sometimes the crap flows the other way Pete! "it's not easy to offer alternatives, and I realize this.

Still targeting the same audience from asics netball trainers a marketing standpoint as a shoe like the Brooks Beast based on what is said in that video.It sounds like a decent shoe (though the heel seems a little high for a "minimal" offering). I'd definitely be open to giving them an honest shot, but I'm not sure how to get you my info without putting it out there for everyone (not that I don't trust Pete or the readers of his awesome blog). Thanks for bringing this topic to the forefront of your upcoming meetings. I hope that Asics will truly consider bringing a minimal shoe lineup to shoe store shelves soon.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Travor Young
Board Statistics
The forum has 698 topics and 722 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen